PsychCentral Hong Kong in collaboration with Pathways Limited is proud to announce that we will be hosting training workshops in Transactional Analysis in November 2016 for the Hong Kong community.
- Introductory Transactional Analysis (TA101) – 11th & 12th November 2016
- Advanced Transactional Analysis (TA202) – 13th & 14th November 2016
These workshops will be run by the Australian Centre for Integrative Studies (ACIS Australia) by Lead Trainer Elana Leigh.
What is Transactional Analysis?
Founded by Eric Berne in the late 50s, Transactional Analysis (TA) is now a widely recognised psychological theory and methodology. It provides us with ways to understand personality development and relationship patterns.
It illuminates the three self states (parent, adult and child ego) and assists us in communicating more effectively. The theory and practice of TA can assist individuals in reaching their full potential and achieving a sense of well being.
TA integrates humanistic, psychoanalytic and behavioural approaches and can be applied in many professional areas. Although it is commonly recognised as a brief, solution- focused approach it is also effective in long-term treatment.
How Can It be Applied?
TA can be applied across a diverse range of cultures and used in any field where there is a need to understand communication patterns in individuals, couples, families or groups. Professional fields include:
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
What Will You Learn?
Both these workshops provide a mix of didactic and experiential teaching. There will be opportunities to apply the theory to practice.
Introductory Workshop TA101: 11-12 Nov 2016
|TA 101 is an internationally recognised curriculum and a comprehensive, practical two day course. You will develop a thorough theoretical understanding of TA and the skills specific to TA.Areas covered:• Personality development: Parent, adult and child ego states
• Communication: Conscious and unconscious communication
• Life Scripts: Life story development and are how they are played out
• Games: Unconsciously repetition of patterns in our relationships
• The Drama Triangle: Persecutor, Rescuer and Victim positions
• Psychological Health: Alternative options for responses
• Autonomy: The development of the capacity for awareness, intimacy & spontaneity
Advanced Workshop TA 202: 13-14 Nov 2016
|Completion of TA 101 is a prerequisite. TA 202 offers a more in-depth study of the 101 content and covers clinical thinking skills and techniques. You will feel more confident to apply what you have learnt to your work settings.Areas covered:• Diagnosing presenting problems using the structural model of ego states
• How to think about interpersonal repetitive patterns using TA
• Working with the unconscious
• Treatment planning and delivery
• How TA can be used with diverse groups of people and settings
• Advanced skills practice
Award on Completion?
- Certificates of Attendance and 12 professional development hours will be awarded at the conclusion of each workshop, if all requirements are met
- TA101 is globally recognised curriculum and enables participants to apply for membership to the International Transactional Analysis Association (ITAA) and the Association and European Body of Transactional Analysis Association (EATA)
- Completion of TA101 enables participants to join the International Transactional Analysis Association (ITAA) as a voting member provides access to begin further training through all international TA associations.